- Diabetic Recipes: Quick ‘n’ Easy Carrot Slaw | Submitted By: Aimee December 6, 2010
Carrot slaw is a Southern favorite salad, made with grated carrots, raisins, pineapple, and coconut flakes. This one uses yogurt instead of mayonnaise for extra lightness.
- Diabetic Recipes: Couscous with Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomatoes | Submitted By: Ruth Gooch December 5, 2010
Lively sun-dried tomatoes and hearty portobello mushrooms are tossed with couscous in this satisfying entree.
- Diabetic Recipes: Angel Hair Pasta with Peppers and Chicken | Submitted By: Jill M. December 4, 2010
Smoked chicken adds interest to this basic vegetable stir fry, served atop delicate angel hair pasta.
- Diabetic Recipes: Apple Cole Slaw | Submitted By: Aunt Mamie December 3, 2010
This is our favorite cole slaw recipe, a yummy combo of fruit and veggies in a sweet dressing.
- Sugar Substitute Recipes: Sugar Free Sour Cream Linzer Cookies | Submitted By: Jenn Hall December 2, 2010
A delicious holiday cookie that diabetics can enjoy as well.
- Diabetic Recipes: Black-Eyed Peas Spicy Style | Submitted By: Angela December 2, 2010
A spicy twist on black-eyed peas.
- Diabetic Recipes: Veggie Goulash | Submitted By: BUTTERCUP8 December 1, 2010
A favourite at our house – a yummy rich goulash minus the meat. You can substitute the Quorn(TM) for tofu that’s been shallow fried or sliced mushrooms. Hope you enjoy! Serve with rice, noodles, or potatoes.
- Diabetic Recipes: Slow Cooker Chicken Creole | Submitted By: MARY MOON November 30, 2010
The stewed tomatoes and jalapeno pepper give this slow cooker recipe its Creole zing, along with seasoning and other veggies. This is an easy and tasty Creole chicken recipe. Just put all ingredients into the slow cooker and let it simmer all day. It’s perfect over egg noodles. Add extra water and veggies to the leftovers to make a tasty afternoon soup.
- Diabetic Recipes: Apple Ladybug Treats | Submitted By: Veros L. November 29, 2010
Red apples are decorated to look like lady bugs. This is a quick and fun snack that kids will enjoy making and eating. For once kids can play with their food.
- Diabetic Recipes: Asparagus Soup I | Submitted By: Heather Simpson November 28, 2010
This pureed soup which is garnished with fennel seeds and fronds is made with potatoes and canned asparagus spears cooked with chicken boullion.
- Diabetic Recipes: Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar | Submitted By: Bea November 26, 2010
This is a dry soup mix packed with split peas, pearl parley, lentils, onion flakes, rice and alphabet macaroni. Just add tomato paste, diced tomato, ground beef, and garlic for a rich and flavorful soup. Makes a wonderful gift.
- Diabetic Recipes: Green Velvet Soup | Submitted By: Astrophe November 25, 2010
Broccoli, split peas and spinach provide the green in this pureed soup.
- Diabetic Recipes: Shredded Potato Salmon Cakes | Submitted By: Nathalie1 November 24, 2010
Delicious salmon cakes made with potatoes and the added color of red bell pepper and green onion. I came up with the idea for this recipe out of pure laziness. I didn’t want to wait for potatoes to boil! It turned out great and definitely became the overall favorite. I enjoy a simple garlic mayonnaise to accompany the cakes but you can pretty much use whatever you desire.
- Diabetic Recipes: Pakistani Style Vegetables | Submitted By: Irum-Zahra November 24, 2010
This spicy vegetable side dish gets its enticing flavor from a blend of garam masala, turmeric, and paprika.
- Diabetic Recipes: Harvested Chicken Stew | Submitted By: Sara November 23, 2010
Jam packed with veggies as well as chicken breast and tomatoes, this is a healthy, hearty quick stew.
- Diabetic Recipes: BBQ Corn | Submitted By: Doug Kacsir November 22, 2010
If you don’t have a smoker already, you might consider the purchase for this recipe, because this tasty corn is that good. And then all you’ll need is un-husked corn, ice and a quart of beer.
- Diabetic Recipes: Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce | Submitted By: kelcampbell November 21, 2010
This very quick pasta dish uses fresh tomatoes and basil tossed with Italian salad dressing and Parmesan cheese. It’s a great meal to prepare in the summer after a long day in the garden!
- Diabetic Recipes: Tomato Pepper Sauce | Submitted By: rubybegonia November 20, 2010
Passed down from my grandparents, this recipe is a great way to use the extra tomato and peppers from the garden! Quick, easy and also very healthy! A nice warm lunch for the veggie lover! Makes its own sauce and can be canned for the winter months. Serve over sliced fresh buttered bread and a few shakes of salt and pepper.
- Diabetic Recipes: Summer Corn Salad with Asparagus | Submitted By: Jocelyn November 19, 2010
This simple, sweet, and enjoyable taste of summer is made with sweet corn, asparagus, roasted peppers, and basil. The inspiringly bright colors and flavors will liven up any summer meal.
- Diabetic Recipes: Easy Grilled Chicken | Submitted By: Rachel November 18, 2010
Marinate chicken in Italian-style dressing and grill with veggies.