- Low-Sodium Recipes: Mint Pesto Pasta | Submitted By: MASTER815K November 22, 2010
A touch of fresh mint and two types of cheese are lively additions to this Italian favorite.
- Healthy Main Dish Recipes: Ziti with Tomato-Pesto Sauce | Submitted By: Risa G November 22, 2010
Simmer a jar of tomato and basil spaghetti sauce with rich and nutty pesto when you need a quick but luxurious pasta sauce. Serve over hot ziti and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Diabetic Recipes: Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce | Submitted By: kelcampbell November 21, 2010
This very quick pasta dish uses fresh tomatoes and basil tossed with Italian salad dressing and Parmesan cheese. It’s a great meal to prepare in the summer after a long day in the garden!
- King Oyster Mushroom Scampi and Pasta November 21, 2010
Recipe submitted by VeggieAlchemy, 11/19/10
King Oyster Mushroom Scampi and Pasta
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
2 large King Oyster (Eryngii) mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons vegan margarine, divided
8 to 10 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons shallot or onion powder
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 servings pasta, prepared (spaghetti, angel hair or linguine)
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
1 medium lemon, juiced (3 to 4 tablespoons)
sea salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Wipe off the mushrooms with a damp cloth or paper towel. Cut each mushroom in half, lengthwise. Then chop into half …
- Healthy Main Dish Recipes: Laura’s Lush Pasta Mix | Submitted By: Laura Smith November 19, 2010
A bed of pasta is served with a colorful saute of steak, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions. Serve as is, or incorporate your favorite red or white sauce.
- Healthy Salads: Spicy Ham and Apple Pasta Salad | Submitted By: Rosemary Johnson November 18, 2010
Leftover ham is paired up with bow tie pasta, apples and a sweet and spicy dressing in this main-dish salad.
- Royal Provence Pasta November 18, 2010
Simple recipes hand-picked to create convenient meals often in less than 30 minutes.
- Low Glycemic Impact Recipes: Chicken Pasta I | Submitted By: MIKANDI November 17, 2010
A wonderful change in light eating with pasta, chicken and vegetables. It is very low in fat and calories, but tastes delicious. Use your favorite pasta – we use mostaccioli pasta. Add some of your favorite veggies, if desired.
- Lemon-Garlic Pasta November 16, 2010
Recipe submitted by kpomeroy, 11/16/10
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
2 cups dry pasta (I use penne rigate)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1-2 teaspoons lemon pepper
dash dried basil
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Put cooked pasta in serving dish.
2. Mix in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon pepper and basil with the cooked pasta.
Source of recipe: I made this from some simple ingredients around the house when I ran out of pasta sauce.
Makes: 3-4 Servings, Preparation time: 5 Mins, Cooking time: 10-15 Mins
- Pasta with Seaweed Sauce November 16, 2010
Okay, So this is a bit weird, but bare with me here! I didnt have any other veggies in the house so I came up with this in like a 10 minute span. It tastes like it would easily take on and compliment any other flavors. Im sure you can alter it however you see fit.
- Turnip Lasagna November 16, 2010
This recipe is divided into 3 parts: the turnips are the pasta, all the ingredients from Pine nuts to Parsley is the filling, and the rest of the ingredients make the sauce. This may seem like its a lot of work considering the amount of stuff thats in it, but its so easy to make and all you need is a food processor!
- Healthy Main Dish Recipes: Pasta Hot! Hot! Hot! | Submitted By: Kathleen Novo November 13, 2010
Pasta with olive oil sauteed with garlic cloves and crushed red pepper topped with Parmesan.
- Low-Sodium Recipes: Rosemary Pasta in Roasted Garlic Sauce | Submitted By: kelcampbell November 12, 2010
My mother has been making this dish for as long as I can remember. Lots of rosemary and garlic – what more could you ask for?
- Diabetic Recipes: Pasta e Fagioli I | Submitted By: CORWYNN DARKHOLME November 11, 2010
Rich and savory, a wonderful soup, it can be a meal in itself, serve with garlic toast, its great!
- Dairy-Free Recipes: Pasta with Kielbasa and Sauerkraut | Submitted By: Gail November 11, 2010
Ziti tossed with kielbasa, sauerkraut, onion and bell pepper and spiced with a bit of mustard and cayenne.
- Healthy Main Dish Recipes: Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta | Submitted By: Holly November 9, 2010
A daring dash of red pepper flakes gives off a spicy heat in this marvelous sauce of sauteed garlic and tomatoes. Add quickly sauteed shrimp and scallops, stir in a bit of parsley and serve over hot linguine.
- Low Glycemic Impact Recipes: BBQ Chili Pasta | Submitted By: Dimple November 9, 2010
If you’ve got a hankering for an eye-opening pasta sauce, try this spicy simmer of onion, ground turkey, bell pepper, canned corn, chili powder, oregano, tomato sauce and BBQ sauce. You can make it as mild or as wild as you wish!
- Pasta Shell Risotto with Broccoli Rabe November 8, 2010
Calories 495; Total Fat 25g; Carbohydrates 71g
This tasty pasta with garlic, onions, broccoli rabe, and Parmesan cheese is cooked “risotto style” in chicken broth, which adds flavor and gives the dish a velvety texture. Broccoli rabe adds a pungent yet sweet flavor and is chock-full of vitamins—literally from A to zinc. Don’t be alarmed by the fat content of this dish—it comes mostly from heart-healthy olive oil, which is rich in nutrients known as polyphenols that have been found to help lower LDL cholesterol, a major risk factor for heart disease. For dessert, have a small slice of light Chocolate Marble Cheesecake.
Go to the healthy recipe on epicurious.com
Amounts per serving plus the % Daily Value (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet:
- 495 Calories (25%)
- 15g Total fat (23%)
- 3g Saturated Fat (17%)
- 9mg Cholesterol (3%)
- 788mg Sodium (33%)
- 71g Carbohydrate (24%)
- 4g Fiber (14%)
- 18g Protein (36%)
See the full nutritional analysis from NutritionData.com
- Smoked BBQ Chicken Breasts on Creamy Spring Pasta November 5, 2010
- Healthy Salads: Pool Party Pasta Salad | Submitted By: JACKSMOM November 5, 2010
This Pasta salad is a nutritious and light summer meal or side dish. My 4 yr old loves the veggies in this. I regularly use up grilled leftovers (chicken and veggies) in this salad.