- 1 Tbsp - Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ Cup - Sugar
- 1 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 - Ripe Mashed Bananas (not green or completely brown)
- In a small sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the pot and stir until melted and well combined.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is heated through and the bananas are well incorporated.
- Taste the syrup and add additional sugar if desired, adjusting the sweetness to your preference.
- Remove the pot from heat and let the syrup cool slightly.
- Serve the banana syrup warm over pancakes, waffles, or any other desired desserts.
- Store any leftover syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.