- 1 Pound - Ground Beef
- ¾ Cup - Chopped Onions
- 1 Can (16 Ounces) - Canned Tomatoes, cut up
- 1 Can (15½ Ounces) - Red Kidney Beans
- 2 Cups - Instant Rice
- 3 Tbsps - Chopped Green Pepper
- 1½ Tsps - Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp - Garlic Salt
- ¾ Cup - Shredded American Cheese
- Corn Chips, crushed (for topping)
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onions over medium heat until the beef is browned and the onions are tender. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the canned tomatoes (with their juices), red kidney beans (drained and rinsed), instant rice, chopped green pepper, chili powder, and garlic salt to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Remove the skillet from heat and sprinkle the shredded American cheese over the top of the beef mixture. Cover the skillet and let it sit for a few minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Serve the Texas Beef Skillet hot, garnished with crushed corn chips for added texture and flavor.